AI Engineers are in high demand as artificial intelligence is the realm of studying and developing machines that can imitate human intelligence. Due to the huge market of Artificial Intelligence, the demand for AI engineers is sky-rocketing.
Whom are we called AI Engineers?
The professionals who develop solutions based on artificial intelligence and help companies and organisations with researching, developing, testing and deploying AI solutions are called AI Engineers.
How to be an AI Engineer?
AI Engineers' role is an advanced one and these engineers are experts in artificial intelligence, deep learning, machine learning, programming and neutral networks. Hence, starting a career in this advanced field is quite simple. Minimum requirements to be an AI Engineer are-
- Should at least have a bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, engineering, physics, mathematics, statistics or another quantitative subject.
- Certificates in AI or data science also work for you to complete minimum eligibility and gain technical knowledge.
- If you don’t have these degrees, don’t worry, you still can become an AI engineer by taking an ML and AI course. These courses will teach you advanced concepts of artificial intelligence.
Above all these, AI courses help you examine your proficiency in what you’ve learned through different projects and assignments. Eventually, taking a course would certify you as an AI expert, making it easier for you to stand out among your associates. Recruiters look for certified professionals in this meadow as it helps them pick appropriate aspirants efficiently.
Skills Required to be an AI Engineer
To be an AI Engineer you should need these several crucial skills-
- Technical Skills
- Programming Skills- Programming is the very first skill required. You should have proficiency in object-oriented programming languages like Python, C++, Java, and R to become an AI Engineer.
- Linear Algebra, Statistics and Probability – All AI models such as Hidden Markov models, Naive Bayes, Gaussian mixture models, and linear discriminant analysis required comprehensive knowledge of linear algebra, statistics and probability.
- Machine Learning Algorithms and Framework – Having proficiency in machine learning algorithms like linear regression, KNN, Naive Bayes, Support Vector Machine, and other work will help you implement machine learning models with ease. Several of the frameworks used in artificial intelligence are PyTorch, Theano, TensorFlow, and Caffe.
- Spark and Big Data Technologies- AI Engineers operate with large volumes of data which could be in terabytes and petabytes. For this giant data, engineers need to know about Spark and other big data technologies to make sense of it. Along with Apache Spark, one can likewise use other big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Cassandra, and MongoDB.
- Non-technical skills
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to watch a business requirement to the end product.
- Ability to work in a team.
Responsibilities of an AI Engineers
The core day to day accountabilities of an AI Engineer include-
- Developing, training, and testing avant-garde networks of machine learning algorithms that make up the AI of specific software.
- Understanding business requirements and their created solution must match the requirements of their organization.
- Build data ingestion, data transformation infrastructure, locating and pulling data from different sources to create and test machine learning models.
- Formulate and implement Python or R-based API's, perform statistical analysis and tune the outcomes so that the organization can make better-informed decisions.
Role of an AI Engineer
Being an Artificial Intelligence Engineer one can pursue a number of roles in this field. Some of the dominant roles among them are-
- Business Intelligence Developer- BIP is responsible for working with databases to develop and enhance the IT implementations within the organization with major accountability of designing, coding, testing, and aggregating SQL queries to give the necessary data to their users. Average salary for this role is INR 5.43 lakh per annum and start-up salary is INR 2.92 lakh per annum.
- AI Architect- Responsible for creating and managing the architecture of their organization by using AI technology frameworks it means they have to plan the implementation of the solutions, select the appropriate technologies and analyze the effectiveness of their organization’s architecture. Average salary for this role is INR 4.24 lakh per annum.
- Data Scientist- Responsible for data mining, collecting the necessary data and evaluating it through implementing the appropriate machine learning algorithms and helping their organization identify hidden patterns in the data that they wouldn’t have found otherwise. Average salary for this role is INR 8.19 lakh per annum and the pay ranges from INR 3.42 lakh per annum to INR 2 lakh per annum, depending on the experience and skills.
Salary of an AI Engineer
- According to Glassdoor, the intermediate AI engineer stipend is INR 9 lakhs per annum.
- Pay for this career varies from INR 4 lakhs p.a. and can raise aloft to INR 20lakhs p.a. swinging on multiple factors such as experience, skills, location, and employer. The pay for this position is quite impressive in comparison to others.
- Your experience degree splashes a huge role here in determining your salary in this career. Engineers who possess less than a year of experience earn around 4-5 lakhs per annum.
- Furthermore, professionals in this field with 1-4 years of experience earn INR 9 lakh p.a on average. Engineers with years of experience (5-9 years) can reap INR 10-15 lakhs p.a on average, while those with 10+ years of experience earn more than INR 20 lakh per annum on average.
Where to go for Artificial Intelligence Engineering in India?
If you are interested in AI Engineering in India, you can learn skills from taking admissions in top institutions. In India several institutions are offering AI courses such as IIT Hyderabad, IIT Bangalore, Amity University but Artificial Intelligence Course Training Institute in Noida and Delhi NCR, serving the best AI courses in India.